Wednesday, July 18, 2007

POWERPOINT VIDEO COMMENTARY

After watching the extreme power point makeover video by Dean, I realized there were a couple things I should take in to consideration when creating my own presentations. A lot of the tips were great, but nothing I haven't been told before. My thoughts at first were that "this was pretty self explanatory" . After listening to the end however, when Dean made the comment on how it is important to introduce these ideas to our students I realized I was taking my previous knowledge for granted. This is the exact opposite thing that I believe educators should do. I'm going to learn from this experience and try to make a point to remember how important it is to avoid getting caught up in what I already know, and start paying attention to what my students may not know.

Below is the video on extreme power point makeover:

No comments: